In honor of General Conference, I wanted to post this favorite recipe. It is tradition in my family to eat this delicious, gooey treat during the Sunday morning session of conference. It's easy to make, and the kids always love popping open the biscuits and helping shake the bag.
MONKEY BREAD
3-4 cans buttermilk biscuits (the kind that pop open!)
Coating Mixture:
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Glaze:
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup margarine
Instructions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut biscuits into four pieces each. Put sugar and cinnamon in a zipper bag and mix well. Add a handful of the cut biscuits to the bag, shake to coat and then place in a greased bundt pan. Repeat with the rest of the biscuits. Make sure they are spread evenly around the pan. Combine ingredients for glaze in a sauce pan, melt together, and then pour over the biscuits in the bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
5 comments:
I used to make something similar a long time ago. Yum!! I am going to have to try it!
Those looks so good! I think we'll have to make that soon.
What time should I be there and should I bring my own milk?
Just be sure to brush afterward and don't tell your dentist about it cause this thing is 90% sugar and butter.
...or your heart doctor.
Post a Comment