7.13.2010

cloud-9 pie

Today I fell in love at first site. In love with this beautiful series of paintings focusing on women doing various domestic chores. I love all the details and especially the gorgeous vintage-style clothes that somehow seem to drip with glamor even though she's sweeping?! It's the kind of modest-yet-sexy clothes you only dream of finding nowadays. Although I have also recently stumbled upon this fun new line of dresses, but I digress.

In honor of domestication, I want to share my favorite (and of course easy!) pie recipe with you all.

For the Crust:
1 package graham crackers
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 cup sugar

Crush up the graham crackers in a food processor then add the other ingredients. Mix well and then press into pie pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes. Or take the easy way out (I usually do!) and buy a pre-made graham cracker crust.

For the Filling:
1/2 pint whipping cream
8oz package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1-1/2 teaspoons natural vanilla

Whip the cream until it starts to form soft peaks. Add the remaining ingredients while continuing to mix. Mix well then fill into pie crust. Generally there is enough filling to make two flat-top pies or one fuller pie.

Refrigerate for a couple hours until set. Serve with blueberry, cherry or raspberry topping. Even a drizzle of chocolate syrup or just enjoy it with nothing else at all. Whichever way, this light, fluffy and heavenly pie will be gone in minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: