2.26.2009

jaw-dropping, beside myself, scared

...that is how I felt after listening to this clip from the Glenn Beck Show. Heath and I have both been feeling very nervous lately about the direction our country is heading. With global warming propaganda, billion-dollar bailout packages, and myriads of other new government regulations all in the name of saving and helping people, we're facing socialism everywhere we turn. The scariest part is there seems to be no way to protest these changes without being labeled as "haters" of mother nature, of the poor, and so forth. Political Correctness may be the death of Freedom.

You really have to listen to this and tell me what you think: Ezra Taft Benson Speech in the Sixties

4 comments:

Aaron said...

I completely agree... and unfortunately most people don't see it. Most people are just so happy that someone else will solve all their problems for them! And they think that if the government just spends more money to create more jobs, all our problems will be solved... And we've got a president who somehow plans to increase spending (by a lot) and cut taxes... and cut the national debt! WOW! Thats amazing... if I could apply those economics to my life I wouldn't have to worry about a mortgage or putting gas in my gas tank either!

How do you do something about this craziness? I want freedom. I want capitalism. I don't want socialism. I don't want big government. And I fear its too late.

admin said...

I hope it is not too late, but I'm with you... I have no idea what we can do to fight back. There must be something, but it seems like our country is also becoming intolerant of any kind of naysayer, which is also very scary.

Heather said...

The Glenn Beck clip doesn't work...it goes to President Benson's talk. Yeah...I repeat...has anyone read Animal Farm lately???? That should be the text of a bumper sticker.

krystal said...

I feel like I cant talk about politics or my concerns because too many people have attacked me for my views... views I share with you and Glenn Beck. Ive had people tell me to 'go back to church' and pretend to care about the money my husband makes and I dont. Ive had people tell me I hate everyone. Somone asked me how my family in Mexico are faring with the global econoic collapse... HAHAHA! They are so used to fending for themselves and being self sufficient because of the lack of government intervention. In Mexico if you lose your job, you start a business. You need a house, you build it. You need food, you eat rice until you can afford more. All those people who supported Obama in election season are now just going along for the ride because it would be humiliating to the 'historical significance' of electing a black president... plus everyone has their hands out hoping they get a chunk of change before they will decide on an opinion.