2.18.2009

the deep blue sea



While in California, we visited the Balboa Peninsula, Disneyland and of course stopped by Hadley's for date shakes on the way home.

The girls were pretty amazed by the ocean. Actually at first, they were both very hesitant to go anywhere near the water. I'm sure it must have seemed incredibly massive to them. Here they are both looking very concerned. Piper kept saying "Wa Wa! Wa Wa!" (as in "Water") over and over the whole time we were at the beach.



Daddy ended up holding both girls while playing in the surf for most of the time.







Look at my handsome husband:



We wanted the girls to get their feet wet... and it took a little dragging and coaxing from Daddy.







One of my favorite parts of our trip was visiting with my friend Jaime who I haven't seen since our Ricks College days, which is longer ago than I care to admit... I can't believe I'm this old!



For example, it isn't even called "Ricks" anymore, as my sister's who now attend BYU-Idaho like to remind me.





Jaime and her family live in Costa Mesa and met us out at the beach. We had dinner in the cutest Fifties-style diner called Ruby's that was out at the end of the pier.



We took over 500 pictures at the beach alone (I know, I know... trigger happy.) I deleted half of them, but I realize that is still a lot to look through. Here are a few more of my favorites:













6 comments:

mayleneski said...

Ahh, the beach looks gorgeous! It looks like you guys had a great time. Cute pictures by the way. And I love your blog make-over...seriously, it makes me want to start working on making over mine :)

hillari said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm glad you all got to go. Sareny came home from preschool yesterday and asked if we could go to Disneyland right now. I said no. (we're going in April though.) And she was like, "But Attalie already got to go!"

Dana Brdoerick said...

FUN! Love your pictures!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS! Were are the pictures of your sweet ride???

Dana Brdoerick said...

One more thing...I love the picture of Chrissie! It's really cute! AND I just looked at the pictures of the marathon!!! They look great! I'm going to have to put them on my computer!!! I wish I would have gotten yours before I had done my post!!!

heidi said...

i love the beach. that is right where i went to college (OCC) before i went to BYU-H. i'm glad you enjoyed it. we have yet to brave disneyland yet, but i'm getting anxious.

Sandra said...

I love the ocean it's so beautiful. Looks like you guys had a great time! Love the pictures....