For weeks the stores have been decked out for Halloween. (How did it get to be October already?) In the whirlwhind of day-to-day life, I might not have noticed the Halloween decorations, but Attalie zeros in on every scary witch and spooky skeleton. It's interesting to watch the tug of war between her fascination and fear. She wants to get closer but not too close. She wants to see but definitely not touch.
Yesterday I finally pulled out our Halloween decorations and placed them throughout the house. She's warming up to the witchy items and loves to wear the pointy black hat or play with the glittery witch shoe. But the skeletons and spiders are still being kept at arms length.
I worried that they were creeping her out too much and offered to put them away. Again that tug of war: "Yes put the scarries away," Attalie said. And when I agreed, she countered, "No! I like the scarries." So for now I guess they stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment