5.13.2007

awful waffles

I've been pretty amazed at how well Attalie is talking these days. For example, Attalie says the word "hamburger" very well -- she really likes them too. A few nights ago she was begging for a hamburger for dinner. Bettijo had a young women's activity, and because she is still recovering from her c-section she cannot drive herself. So I drove her to the activity and then Attalie, Piper and I made our way to McDonald's to satisfy Attalie's craving.

Attalie has yet to discover the Happy Meal, and I plan to keep her ignorant for as long as possible. (I just don't see the point in slapping down $4 for an entire meal and some cheapo toy when she doesn't even finish an 89 cent hamburger.) So I ordered her a hamburger and got myself a Spicy McChicken sandwich. I am not a fan of McDonald's, but I have eaten the Spicy McChicken a couple of times and thought it was okay.

We sat down to eat and while I tried to catch a little bit of the Suns vs. Lakers game on TV Attalie played in the booth and occasionally took a bite of her hamburger. A few bites into my sandwich I realized there was something wrong with it -- they had put on way too much of the seasoning and it didn't taste good at all. As I put the sandwich down, I muttered, "This is awful."

I didn't direct my comments to Attalie, in fact I didn't even realize that I had said it out loud. So I was surprised when Attalie responded, "No Daddy, not a waffle. It's a hamburger." She doesn't miss a thing!