4.07.2011

piper's birthday!



I'm still going through the more than 1000 photos I took at Piper's birthday party (why in the world do I take so many?? Go through them all seems to take FOREVER). Anyway, I wanted to share a little sneak peek. The full party details will be on pagingsupermom.com in June.



Here's a closer shot of the cake. It was my first time working with fondant for the doll's skirt. I managed to keep the cake hidden from Piper until just before the party. Here reaction was so funny -- she looked at it strangely and then said disdainfully, "Uh, that's a BARBIE, Mom. Can you wipe her off so I can play with her?"

Not quite the giddy, giggly reaction I'd been playing in my mind as I slaved over the cake, but I had to laugh. Aren't four year olds grand?



I love this picture of Piper wearing her dwarf beard (the craft project we did during the party.) If this photo were video you would be hearing Piper singing, "Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho! It's off to work we go..."



At the mall last week Attalie found this mirror necklace and thought it would be the perfect birthday gift for Piper -- with the Snow White story's "Magic Mirror" I couldn't have agreed more. The best part was it was just $1.50 so totally within Attalie's budget!



I love this shot of Piper admiring her "Magic Mirror" necklace.



There is the birthday girl getting ready to blow out her candles.



And a close-up of the little dwarf cupcake toppers:

No comments: