We had a blast with my cousin's family. (Thank you Cassie & JD!!) In fact, we had such a great time making smoothies, guacamole, hot fudge, more smoothies and bbq pork, (seriously, we ate a LOT!), that I didn't even think about snapping pictures.... bummer! As kids, Cassie and I played together and saw each other lots, but since we've grown up we don't get to spend nearly enough quality time together (like pretty much none!)
Clearly I'm excited about this trip, so now to the pictures that I did take...
I love this one I snapped of Piper and Atty at the airport -- they both loved flying this time. A couple days after we got home, Atty came up to me and said, "Mom, I want to go fly in an airplane today." I had to explain that airplane trips are special, and we can't just do them whenever we feel like it. I don't think she liked the answer. It stinks to be the bearer of such bad news, but that's motherhood.
I enjoyed meeting my friends Mary & Tori -- I've known them for five years but only through phone calls and emails. This trip was the first time I got to meet them in person.
Here is Mary and me!
We visited Tori at her new restaurant in Austin called Paggi House. We had dinner there and absolutely loved it, in spite of the fact that we were wrestling the whole time with two wiggly toddlers in this divine restaraunt that you would never dream of bringing kids to (white table cloths and waiters that scoop up bread crumbs with those funny plastic thingys). It was also a thrill to see in person the restaurant's sign that I designed.
Here we are at the state capitol in Austin...
I really love how this photo looking up into the rotunda turned out.
The Alamo:
If I'd paid better attention to my history classes, I would have known this was going to be a pretty depressing place. I really love the unique roof line that has become a Texas icon.
Cassie and I at the legendary San Antonio Riverwalk -- I hadn't heard of it before this trip, but whenever we told people we were going to San Antonio they said we had to go to the Riverwalk, and after our visit we can see why people were raving. It was really beautiful and fun (but we didn't bring the kids so that could be swaying my opinion quite a bit). Honestly, with kids, this place would be a nightmare. It is right on the river and you could literally step right in -- there are NO railings. My cousin wisely suggested that we get a sitter.
Lions, tigers and bears... OH MY! At the San Antonio Zoo...
Pretty zebra!
Piper with the goats in the petting zoo.
NO!!! Don't lick that! Eww!
We went straight from the zoo to the airport (with a quick stop at McDonalds)... a pretty long, but fun day!
3 comments:
Looks like a fun trip!! I have never been to Texas for a vacation, but it looks like there is a lot of fun things to see and do there. Great pictures!!
I love the pictures! I have been to Texas but not that part. That part of Texas is much nicer :D
Looks like a really fun trip!
Post a Comment